Please be aware of the following reminders about appropriate mask types and fit:
- Students and staff are not allowed to wear gaiter type masks as these have not been approved by the New York State Department of Health (NYSDOH) as effective.
- Face shields are allowed, as long as a mask is worn under the shield. Face shields alone are not allowed.
- Masks should be tight fitting so that they do not slip down below the nose and mouth.
- Masks should be worn at all times when social distancing.
- The New York State Education Department (NYSED) and NYSDOH require masks be worn whenever students are riding in/on school transportation even when social distancing is possible.
- If a student needs a properly fitting mask, they will be given a disposable mask and will be expected to wear it.
- All students were given a reusable cloth mask at the start of the school year. If your child did not receive one, please contact your school’s main office.