SCHENEVUS CENTRAL SCHOOL DISTRICT
BOARD OF EDUCATION
Minutes for Special Meeting of the Board of Education Meeting
Tuesday, January 17, 2023
Board President, Tom Snyder called the Regular Board of Education meeting to order at 6:00 p.m.
Members present: Thomas Snyder, Timothy Walke, Serenity Beardslee, Cory Spooner, Liz Reed
Also Present: Ed Shultis Superintendent, Jody Carney District Clerk, Jeffrey Bennett, Tim Green Community Member
Upon recommendation of the Superintendent, RESOLVED the Board of Education approve the following:
- Accept the resignation of Mary Jane Sansevere as Afterschool Care Tutor effective January 12, 2023.
- Approve the appointment of Rebekah Rohde as substitute tutor for the after school program at the rate of $30.00 per hour per SUT contract.
- Approve the appointment of Dr. Catherine Huber, Otsego Northern Catskills BOCES District Superintendent, as search consultant for the position of Superintendent of Schools.
- Accept the resignation of Edmund Shultis as Interim Superintendent effective January 17, 2023
- Appoint Jeffrey Bennett as Interim Superintendent of schools for the term commencing January 18, 2023, through no later than June 30, 2023 at a rate of $625.00 per diem.
- Appoint the Interim Superintendent of Schools to the following titles for the duration of his role as Interim Superintendent of Schools for the purposes of performing those duties attendant to such titles: Deputy Board Clerk; Purchasing Agent; Data Privacy Officer; Payroll Certification Officer; CSE/CPSE/504 Chairperson.
- Approve the Interim Superintendent contract between Jeffrey Bennett and the Schenevus Board of Education effective January 18, 2023. The Board of Education adopts and authorizes as part of the term of appointment all those conditions set forth in the employment agreement.
- Approve that the remaining Financial Committee meeting dates to be designated as Regular Board of Education Meetings for the rest of the 2022-2023 school year making for two Board of Education Meetings per month.
MOTION: Tim Walker; 2nd: Serenity Beardslee; vote 5-0
- Approve the appointment of Kaylee Spooner as an Substitute uncertified Teacher ($110.00 per day) , Teacher Aide ($16.40 per hour) and LTA ($16.40 per hour) at the Contractual rates per CSEA or SUT pending fingerprint clearance.
MOTION: Tim Walke; 2nd: Liz Reed. Vote: Yes- 4 Abstained -1 Cory Spooner
Having no further business before the Board, Cory Spooner made a motion to adjourn at 6:08 p.m.
Second by Serenity Beardslee; vote 5-0