District Mission Statement
With our children as our focus, and with accountability and honesty as our guiding principles, Schenevus Central School will provide a caring, stable, secure and academically challenging environment; one that motivates each student to discover, practice and master the skills to pursue a productive lifetime of work and learning within our community, and the world.
Board of Education Guiding Principles
- All students can learn and it is our responsibility to provide students with a quality education that challenges and enables them to achieve to their full growth potential.
- Every student has a right to an environment that is emotionally nurturing, physically safe and intellectually stimulating.
- Current technology needs to be effectively integrated into all curriculum areas in order to provide students with the skills to successfully communicate and compete in a continually evolving digital society.
- Innovation must be encouraged at all levels of our organization.
- Student success is the shared responsibility of all students, parents, staff and the greater community.
- We will strive to be an inclusive learning community.
- An evolving, forward-looking, fiscally responsible school district is critical for long-term success and community confidence.
Board of Education Members
To contact a board member, click each name below.
All Meetings are held at 6:30 p.m. in the Draper Room unless noted. The board agenda will be linked from the meeting date below prior to the meeting.
If you wish to attend In-person BOE meetings, we will limit visitors to a max of 30 people due to COVID. If more than 30 people wish to attend, the meetings will be livestreamed. You will be asked to fill out a COVID-19 screening form upon arrival and sign in with your name, address and phone number for COVID contact tracing. You will also be asked to wear a mask. Masks will be provided if you do not have one. Gaitor masks and masks not approved by the CDC will not be allowed. In the event BOE meetings need to go virtual or attendance is restricted due to a COVID-19 increase, then the meeting will be livestreamed.
2021-2022 Meeting Dates
- July 13 BOE meeting
- August 24 meeting
- September 14 agenda
- September 23 agenda (Special Meeting)
- October 12
- November 9
- December 14
- January 11
- February 8
- March 8
- April 5
- May 10
- Public Hearing
- May 17 Annual Meeting and Election – Budget Vote – (Noon-9:00 pm)
- June 21
If a change has been made it will be posted on our website and/or our facebook page.
2021 Meeting Dates