District Mission Statement
With our children as our focus, and with accountability and honesty as our guiding principles, Schenevus Central School will provide a caring, stable, secure and academically challenging environment; one that motivates each student to discover, practice and master the skills to pursue a productive lifetime of work and learning within our community, and the world.
Board of Education Guiding Principles
- All students can learn and it is our responsibility to provide students with a quality education that challenges and enables them to achieve to their full growth potential.
- Every student has a right to an environment that is emotionally nurturing, physically safe and intellectually stimulating.
- Current technology needs to be effectively integrated into all curriculum areas in order to provide students with the skills to successfully communicate and compete in a continually evolving digital society.
- Innovation must be encouraged at all levels of our organization.
- Student success is the shared responsibility of all students, parents, staff and the greater community.
- We will strive to be an inclusive learning community.
- An evolving, forward-looking, fiscally responsible school district is critical for long-term success and community confidence.
Board of Education Members
To contact a board member, click each name below.
All Meetings are held at 6:30 p.m. in the Draper Room unless noted. The board agenda will be linked from the meeting date below prior to the meeting.
If you wish to attend In-person BOE meetings, we will limit visitors to a max of 30 people due to COVID. If more than 30 people wish to attend, the meetings will be livestreamed. You will be asked to fill out a COVID-19 screening form upon arrival and sign in with your name, address and phone number for COVID contact tracing. You will also be asked to wear a mask. Masks will be provided if you do not have one. Gaitor masks and masks not approved by the CDC will not be allowed.
2021-2022 Meeting Dates
- July 13
- August 17
- September 14
- October 12
- November 9
- December 14
- January 11
- February 8
- March 8
- April 5
- May 10
- Public Hearing
- May 17 Annual Meeting and Election – Budget Vote – (Noon-9:00 pm)
- June 21
If a change has been made it will be posted on our website and/or our facebook page.
2020-2021 Meeting Dates
- July 14 (regular and organizational meeting)
- Aug. 11
- Aug. 26 (special meeting)
- Aug. 31 (special meeting – bus proposition vote)
- Sept. 15
- Oct. 13
- Oct. 15 (transportation policy vote)
- Oct. 26 (special meeting, 6 p.m.)
- Nov. 10
- Dec. 15
- Jan. 12
- Feb. 9 – Virtual Meeting
- March 9
- April 20
- May 11 (public hearing)
- May 18 (budget vote)
- June 15