Would you like to ask previously merged districts some questions about merging? Did their taxes go up? Did they think it was a good idea? Has it worked out well or do they regret merging? You will have this opportunity at 6 p.m. Monday, April 12.
Click to join the Zoom webinar: https://E2CCB-GST.zoom.us/j/94700333351
Our next Merger Monday includes panelists from several merged districts who can answer these questions for you. Our panelists will include:
- An alumna of Draper Central School District, who was in high school while the district was being annexed by Mohonasen in the late 1980s.
- The Unadilla Valley BOE President, who was in 10th grade when New Berlin and South New Berlin Merged in 1996. Her dad was on the school board at the time of the merger and her mom was an elementary teacher.
- The Unadilla Valley District Clerk (an administrator at the time of the merger in 1996 who continued to be employed at Unadilla Valley for 25 years after the merger) will also join us.
- A Central Valley CSD graduate who was in middle school at the time when Ilion and Mohawk merged in 2013-2014.
- A Cobleskill-Richmondville teacher who taught before, during, and after the merger in 1993.
- The current superintendent of Boquet Valley CSD, the newest merged district in New York state, which began operation in 2018. Boquet Valley was the result of a centralization merger between Westport Central School District and Elizabethtown-Lewis Central School District. This panelist was the superintendent of Westport prior to merging and has continued on as superintendent of the merged district, Boquet Valley.
Get your questions ready, as this diversified group of individuals will be available to answer based on their own individual merger experience. A link to the online forum will be provided by the day of the event.